The gymnastics acts on the subject in order to improve posture, body control and allow its better use. Postural exercises have the purpose of improving both the knowledge of their body in general that the image that we have, through the perception of the characteristics of the spine, of the lower and upper limbs besides the positions that these body segments assume in space.
The muscles primarily involved the muscles of the back exercises are static, and usually, both in traditional sports such as gymnastics are activated muscle dynamics. The latter relate to the layer “surface”, their main task is essentially the execution of movements, the muscles of static instead are “deep” (and short) and should support the bone structure in their opposition to the force exerted on our continuous body by gravity to maintain the verticality of the body. Their activation is different and, if the muscles of the dynamics will have to be trained to become stronger, those antigravity will become more resistant.
Postural muscle contraction is used to improve the awareness and the quality of the movement seeking the control of posture better. Repeat the exercise is sought only in order to achieve mastery of posture automatically. Breathing is an integral part of postural exercises, plus scandirne rhythm. Each work of postural focuses on respiratory muscles, particularly the diaphragm. It ‘important to mention the “Back School”, born in Sweden and designed by Mariane Zachrisson-Fossel, and the six pillars of his program:
1) knowledge of the spine, 2) gymnastics analgesic and rehabilitative exercises implemented with postural education, joint mobility and stabilization of the spine, 3) proper use of the spine, 4) relaxation, 5) nutrition and corrected lifestyle and finally 6) the usual physical activities.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CORRECT PROGRAM GYM POSTURAL:
- Improve the perception of the body: if you want to improve your posture you need to focus on himself and understand what is the point of departure, in other words feel the support of the feet on the ground, any muscle tension, the position of the head and shoulder compared to the spine;
- Become aware of their posture: once it is refined the ability to perceive their own bodies, should be observed as it moves, whether in daily life, as in the sporting gesture, assume incorrect posture, so I can correct it;
- Improve joint mobility and muscle elasticity: the lack of mobility and the lack of elasticity found in certain muscle groups, can prevent access to and control of a correct position and economic;
- Improve the action of postural muscles is one of the fundamental tasks of gymnastics: they will become resistant and recognizable, so as to be actuatable correctly when it is necessary;
- Improve the ability postural: you need to exercise the ability to know how to take and control the correct posture in daily actions, until it becomes second nature.